Saturday, November 1, 2014

2 weeks until matrimony!

I know I keep apologizing for not posting enough- but I have not had a second to sit down and blog. At times, I am overwhelmed with a task list, a workaholic schedule (it does not matter what happens, I always seem to work more than 50 hours a week), social events and trying to find time to spend with Nathan. Other times, something clicks inside my head and I relax and realize how lucky I am, and how truly excited I am to get married to my favorite person in just two weeks!

So what has this DIY task list included?
Well mostly shopping..... I have never really been one to enjoy shopping- maybe it is my lack of decision making skills and money.
We bought Nathan's wedding suit, groomsmen's ties are bought, wedding jewelry for my bridesmaids has been purchased (went way over my budget here), and Nathan's ring is now in our possession. I have shopped around for the past few months and now have all the serving utensils, and paper goods that we need for the reception in our spare bedroom! I bought paper goods and recycled eco-friendly plates, silverware, etc. from restaurant supply stores online. My friend Ashley and I have bought liquor for craft cocktails she has designed, bought awesome cheese and meat boards and serving utensils at IKEA, and menu chalkboards at Hobby Lobby. All in all, there is a lot left to do but we have made a ton of progress.




My goals next week are to get our marriage license, finalize music and the ceremony, write our vows, buy wine, and find a dress for the rehearsal dinner. The week of the wedding we will purchase the food and do the few last minute things that will probably come up. I have done my best to manage my time in order to not become a Bridezilla- we will see how it all plays out!

What big social events have we been busy attending you ask?
Amy and Bryan Winslow's amazing wedding weekend! It was an incredibly beautiful wedding that was held at Springdale Farms in Austin. (If you are ever in Austin, check out the farm and their farm- to-table restaurant- Eden East...the food was soooo amazing.) It was so great to get to be apart of their day, we had so much fun with our friends and their families. I am so impressed with them.





No comments:

Post a Comment