Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pictures of Paris

My mom and I decided we must make a stop in Paris the weekend before we flew back to the USA. It was really hot, and the place was covered with tourists, but we did not let that stop us from having fun. I thought I would post some pictures of the romantic city here:


We did all tourist activities- we visited the Montmarte area, the Sacre Coeur and the Arc of Triomphe, we spent hours at the Louvre, took a boat tour, an open air bus tour, visited the Notre Dame, the Montmarte Cemetery, the Eiffel Tower, and spent some time shopping. 





  
I had to post a picture above of this amazing cheese and meat platter that we ate at a local Parisian bistro- the pate, salami, bresola, and variety of amazing french cheeses were incredible! It was great paired with a glass of French Rose on the nice summer evening- maybe the best cheese plate I have ever had for the money. Below are pictures of our trip to the Louvre museum- which is incredibly amazing. I highly recommend visiting the Louvre- but the beauty and history is almost overwhelming. In order to see everything, it would take at least a week. We did our best to navigate the museum efficiently. I have been before, but this time I really enjoyed Napoleon's Apartments- they are extravagant and the historical furniture is spectacular. 











































































We had a great time in Paris- I feel really lucky to have been able to spend some quality time with my mom in Europe. Stay tuned- our travels might be over for a bit, but we have plenty of exciting things on the way- a move, a wedding, and many good meals with good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment