Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It's My Party and I Can Cry If I Want To!

So, a lot has been going on since my last post- some bad, mostly good....anyway, we have been busy as can be imagined!
In preparation for the wedding, I decided to experiment last week with bottling cocktails in order to make it easy for guests to have a craft cocktail without a bartender (I will post more details about this project in the future)! When cleaning the labels off of Topo Chico Bottles with a caustic solution, I accidentally splashed my right eye with chemicals and suffered a pretty bad (mainly ugly) burn that lasted throughout the week. With Nathan also having a nasty staph infection on his leg, we spent a lot of time last week traveling to the pharmacy and hoping for the best!
On a more positive note, Nathan started working on a homebrew recipe for the wedding in his free time, and I started another day job at my favorite local lunch spot, where I will be working a few weekday mornings in order to make a little extra cash for the wedding. We also got big news that one of our besties Maddie (that now lives in Washington) agreed to travel to Texas for the big day and be a bridesmaid!


On Friday, we traveled to Austin to spend the weekend with some of our close friends and family in the area. LeAnn Artis (Nathan's mom's best friend) threw us a little shin-dig on Saturday evening- it was really special! Although I am incredibly emotional on a regular basis, I could not help but be a little overwhelmed with love from the wonderful people in our lives. My family is not one to throw big parties for birthdays or graduations, so having so many people gather together to celebrate our love for one another brought me to tears pretty quickly! (It was a bit embarrassing- I am hoping to get the crying out of the way now instead of at the wedding itself- yeah, right.)

Me and my oldest bestie Morgan- love her!











We are blessed with wonderful family and friends!



I was so excited that I forgot to take pictures for the blog (much less eat anything) at the party! We did not get one of Nathan and I together, but thanks to my sister for sending me some of her pictures. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate, and thank you for all the wonderful gifts. 
Some days I wake up and feel it is surreal to be so loved. 
While I paid for it the next day- it was a great time!

We got some beautiful cards and gifts- so lucky!
Bianca got us some hot body grilling aprons!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment