Sunday, September 7, 2014

I am putting down my phone now....

For the past two weeks, I have decided to limit my wedding planning to a few hours a week. 
Mainly because, now that invitations are out, key family members have decided to become more involved- which is great! BUT, I have spent a lot of time emailing, calling and texting regarding their questions, opinions, details, etc. I really want this planning thing to be fun, and text fighting with someone in your family for hours on end (about something stupid) can really take the fun out of it!
But all in all, I am in a good place- most of the big things and some of the little things are already done, accommodations have been finalized, bridesmaid dresses have been bought, and I have been able to chill out a bit and stay away from my phone.
(Do not worry- things will liven up in the next few weeks and I will have a lot of blog material!)

While I have been planning this wedding for what seems like forever, I realized I hadn't taken the time to explain my plans here on the blog.
I have basically divided the planning into three general parts:

1-My (and Nathan's) responsibilities: reception food, booze, music, flowers, guest lists

2-My mom's responsibilities: wedding/reception venue and decorations, wedding dress, invitations

3-Nathan's mom's responsibilities: rehearsal dinner, groom's suit, rings

While I have been involved in guiding our mothers to my vision for the weekend, this division of labor has allowed us to work independently of each other (with some emailing and phone time- of course), which has been important because we all live 6 hours apart.
Obviously, there are many facets to each of these duties (and a lot of things not on the list above), and I have delegated my stuff out a lot further. I will continue to update the blog over the next few weeks with details regarding the way I have chosen to organize my responsibilities, and hopefully some fun pictures!

Stay tuned, we are headed to San Angelo next weekend! I am planning to try on my wedding dress, to have a face-to-face family wedding planning meeting, and to check out what my mother and her crew have been up to in the DIY decoration department- from what I have seen so far, I am excited!
(I am praying my mother's vision for our wedding is close to my own- haha).
"Sawyer, put down the phone and pay attention to me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment