Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Decoration Sneak Peak

We drove to San Angelo for the weekend- and although we drove 6 hours in the rain to get there, it was most definitely worth the drive! We went to lunch with my grandfather Jerry (who will be walking me down the aisle), visited with my grandmother Louise (who turned 91 years old on Sunday), had a wedding meeting with Amy Fox (my "day of coordinator") and went to dinner with my mom for her birthday on Saturday. Needless to say, it was a very productive weekend! As promised, I took pictures of some of the wedding decorations in order to give everyone a little sneak peak here on the blog!

One of the biggest limitations of our wedding venue, is that there is not a lot of outdoor lighting in the space we have chosen to have the reception. And because it will be dark for most of the celebration, my mom decided to hunt for old chandeliers, refurbish them, have them rewired and hang them in the big trees. Here are 3 pictures from the beginning of her DIY project until the end: 
                   
                        She took off the crystals, cleaned them and
                  repainted the frame
Chandelier before....
                                                   
                                                                 Finished product! Rewired and ready to go!
Another cool chandelier she found at a thrift store and plans to refurbish! 
We are going for a Bohemian vibe- and they have planned decorations for several different "spaces".  The ceremony will be held in a lovely area under a giant tree, it will be decorated with big brass arches, ribbons, candles and big comfortable rugs. After the ceremony, they plan to move out the chairs and move in comfortable lounge furniture- creating a relaxing area for visiting throughout the night. We will also have a dancing area, food buffet tables and the tables for sitting for dinner and drinking in the middle of it all. 

We decided to stay away from expensive floral centerpieces, and to decorate all of the tables differently. It should be a fun way to save money- and I love everything so far! 
Here are some pictures of some of the table decorations:
Boho lights and table decorations
More candles and table decorations
A few of the many colorful table clothes- every table will be different! 
Lastly, after trying on my wedding dress in hotel rooms, seeing my reflection in TV screens and small bathrooms for the last year, I finally got the chance to try on my dress at Korona's (my family wedding dress store) in front of the large mirrors. Little girls grow up thinking the wedding dress is the most important part of wedding planning- and after growing up selling wedding dresses, 
I can honestly say I have a love/hate relationship with this sentiment. 
Since the last time I tried it on, my mom tweaked it a little- making it more individual and flattering on me. Having my mom and grandmother there together, reassuring me it was a perfect fit for my personality and body type, was a really good feeling. It was a feeling of confidence in my dress that I was waiting and hoping for. I am really excited for everyone to see it on our big day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment