Thursday, September 25, 2014

My life revolves around food and drink.


One view of the garden at Coltivare- it is very peaceful, I love it!
I have had a super busy few weeks at work and because I am really proud of my employer, I thought I would share some pictures here on the blog. I really like working at Coltivare-"Houston's best new restaurant". The people are nice, the food is simple, the ingredients are delicious, they value my experience and allow me to have a super flexible schedule- what more can you ask for? If you are in Houston and you have not eaten here....come have a drink in the garden and check it out!
It is eggplant, okra and pepper season in the garden at work!
Chef Ryan and Vinny make some means Salumi at Coltivare's sister restaurant- Revival Market.
 I will have a sampling at the wedding- yummy! 

Anyway, when I haven't been serving other people food and drinks, I have been shopping around for serving equipment at local restaurant supply stores- gathering information in order to get an idea of a budget.  Like I have explained on a previous posting, I am in charge of the food and drinks at our wedding reception. I have delegated most of the food out to other people- but it is important that everything is set up properly and that we have the proper serving utensils, etc. I am definitely renting some catering supplies, but it seems like most things are pretty affordable to buy. The date is approaching quickly, so I have actually been buying stuff I know we will need....



I found some awesome serving bowls and baskets at Ross for super cheap- love this stuff! 


Our wedding homebrewing session lasted into the night this past Saturday- a family that brews together, stays together! 
We made an appearance at Monkey Joe's for Connor Stiver's 5th Birthday on Sunday for pizza and cake.
 (Connor is one of my best friend Jenn's son- I cannot believe that he is already 5! Time flies when your an adult- whew.)
Some of the wedding ties for the groomsmen arrived this week! 
All of our groomsmen are coming to Houston tonight on their way to New Orleans for Nathan and Bryan's joint bachelor party- I feel lucky to get to spend a night with all of them before they hit the road for NOLA! I am headed to Austin tomorrow to celebrate with my bridesmaids and girl friends for the weekend- I am really excited. I am sure there will be a healthy (or overly indulgent) amount of drinking and eating this weekend.....stay tuned for pictures and stories next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment