Saturday, February 9, 2013

Korean Crisp


Nathan really wanted to eat wings, so I did some research and found this crazy little Korean place down the street from our apartment called Crisp. It was packed and considering that there are about 20 other restaurants on this block, that was saying something. We ordered 10 Whole Jumbo Wings- half Spicy and half Seoul Sassy (a soy, ginger and garlic sauce). They came out truly giant and delicious. I think these were some of the best wings I have ever had. Only complaints were that they were incredibly messy (they also had crappy napkins) and were not spicy enough. We ordered some cabbage kimchi  (for those of who not familiar with Korean food, kimchi is fermented spicy vegetables). I have never really eaten authentic kimchi, but I can imagine that this was pretty close to it. It paired perfectly with the wings because the acid from fermentation really cut through the fat. Even the crispy french fries were good. I came to Chicago imagining that it would be a cultural melting pot of good food- and this experience did not let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment